INVISI-GARD Security Screens offer an unparalleled combination of security and clarity of vision. Constructed from aluminium and marine grade 316 stainless steel, they also use a unique, patented INVISI-GARD Pressure Retention and Isolation Method, which ensures the door’s mesh will defy even the most determined attack. Whether it’s from an intruder or corrosion!
INVISI-GARD Stainless Steel Security products don’t require screws or any other form of mechanical fixing to secure the mesh into the perimeter frame. As a result, the potential for corrosion through dissimilar metal contact is avoided.
- 10x the strength of the Australian Standard in terms of absorbed energy
- Heavy duty extruded aluminium perimeter frame for extra strength
- The 316 marine grade stainless steel mesh can withstand harsh environments such as coastal or industrial areas
- Clean look with no unsightly screws or other fixings
- All INVISI-GARD hinged doors are fitted with three-point locks and hinges for added security
Tested and approved in accordance with Australian Standards, INVISI-GARD delivers confidence in security across a wide range of products suitable for residential and commercial applications:
- Hinged doors
- Patio enclosures
- Sliding doors
- Emergency escape systems
- Sliding windows
- Pool fencing
- Security screens
- Dynamic Impact Test: AS5039-2008This test is performed with a 40kg sand- and lead-filled bag. At impact the bag imparts 100 joules of energy to the panel being tested. The test is repeated 5 times, simulating the repeated kicks of a burglar attempting to break into your home. INVISI-GARD easily meets this requirement and can resist more than 50 consecutive impacts without failure.
- Lock and Hinge Lever Test: AS5039-2008
This test simulates the effects of a jemmy attack against a security screen door or window grille. A standardised narrow-bladed lever (representing a large screw driver) is inserted against the locking, fastening and hinging points, and a turning force (torque) is applied. INVISI-GARD products pass this test, thanks to the quality of our hardware and the stiffness of our aluminium section framing.
- Knife Shear Test: AS5039-2008
This Australian Standard test simulates a knife attack on INVISI-GARD as a burglar tries to cut through the screen with a Stanley knife or similar. INVISI-GARD is able to pass this test thanks to the strength of its 316 marine grade stainless steel mesh.
- Cyclone Rated: AS1170.2-2011
One of the toughest tests of strength for a security system is the Cyclonic Missile Impact Test, in accordance with Australian Standards AS1170-1989. In this test a 4 kilogram piece of hardwood is aimed at the centre of the security screen and launched, reaching a speed of 15 metres per second (54 kilometres per hour) at the time of impact. Not only did the INVISI-GARD screen stop the timber missile in its tracks, but there was no breakage of the mesh and only a minor deformation in the centre of the panel!
- Bush Fire Testing to AS1530.8.1
The INVISI-GARD system is known to be a robust fire attenuation screening solution, and has been proven even further with an Australian-first application of a Breezway Altair Louvre window system achieving a BAL40 level compliance.